You will analyze the competition to comprehend the market dynamics, define the product’s position, develop messages to differentiate the product, create and own the product go-to-market strategy (GTM).
We believe that Product Marketing Manager should tell the story of a product, and help communicate what the brand stands for, to the outside world. While the Product Manager (PM) asks “does the product solve the customer problem?” the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) asks “how do we tell people that it solves the problem?”. PMM’s primary responsibility is to communicate the value of the product by getting the attention of the market (customers, industry analysts, media etc.), making them aware of the product, peaking their interest by using a variety of communication means (social media, newsletters, blogs, copywriting, tradeshows, websites, press releases etc.). And finally, the PMM should help the sales team engage and retain the customer.
7+ years of marketing experience (demand generation, social media, digital marketing, storytelling etc.) with at least 2 years of being a software Product Marketing Manager.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering and an MBA
As a PMM, you will work with the PM:
- To understand the market/customer
- Develop Buyer Personas (PM will use Buyer Personas to inform engineering on what to build and how it should solve user problems, whereas as a PMM you will use Buyer Personas to determine how to best reach the users)
- Learn the product strategy
- Contribute to the product road map
Working with your Dhyan colleagues, you will be responsible for:
- Executing the GTM
- Launching the product
- Producing marketing collateral (data sheets, case studies/success stories, white papers, competitor analysis, web site copy, etc.)
- Doing demonstrations/presentations
- Planning/conducting events
- Training/educating and supporting the sales team to ensure that the product is a success (i.e., it achieves its business objectives of revenue, profit, market share, and customer satisfaction)
- Customer empathy, and a passion for solving customer problems
- Creative out of the box thinking
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal, writing, and presentation)
- Team player with a positive attitude and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office