Have your own branded EMS
Shorten time to revenue
Reduce your customer’s frustration
Differentiate your device
Lower EMS development expense
Minimize risk of EMS delivery
NetMan® – a closer look
NetMan® is a world-class Element/Network Management System (EMS) designed to get your EMS quickly to the market. It comes with built-in support for the standard FCAPS and topology functionalities and many other advanced features to deliver your EMS quickly and cost effectively.
“After evaluating several companies in the EMS space, we chose to select Dhyan…. Your NetMan® software framework delivered on its promise…”
-CEO, Cyber-Intelligence Company
Key Modules of NetMan
Element Management System platform
Dhyan’s NetMan is an Element Management System platform that is designed to get your Element Management System quickly to the market. NetMan comes with built-in support for most common topology and FCAPS functions to help bootstrap your Element Management System. NetMan also supports recent advancements in technology such as management of 5G core & RAN devices, YANG-based devices, streaming telemetry, and cloud native devices.
Key features of NetMan topology module are
- Hierarchical tree for grouping network elements.
- Map-based visualization of network elements and interconnections.
- Manual/GPS based location identification.
- Real-time status of network elements and interconnections.
- Management of inventory components such as cards, shelves, and ports.
- Context-based menu actions on various inventory components.
An Element Management System has to showcase the unique features of the network element while complementing the element with features that are yet to be supported. Based on Dhyan's experience with several network elements at various stages in their product life cycle, each feature of NetMan has been developed with several options to make integration easier.
For instance, in the Google Maps view, all the devices have to be placed in the right location using their geo-coordinates. It may not be realistic to expect all network elements to have pre-set GPS information. To complement the network element's capability, NetMan supports the following options. These options ensure that the user experience is not diminished for any network element.
- If the network element supports GPS, NetMan can fetch the GPS coordinates directly from the device. These coordinates can then be used as the geo-coordinates for the network element.
- If the network element does not have a built-in GPS, the address configured in the network element (as part of its configuration) can be geocoded to a latitude and longitude.
- If the network element is not configured with either of these values, network operators can use NetMan to provision or configure those values. Network operators with sufficient privileges can provide the address of installation. Upon setting the address, NetMan will automatically calculate the geo-coordinates and assign them to the network element.
- Operators can also drag and drop the network element at a specific location in the Google Maps Based Deployment View. NetMan can automatically take care of recording the location and use it to update the geo-coordinates for the network element.
- If the network administrator has a spreadsheet or CSV file with the actual deployment coordinates, these can be imported directly into NetMan to update the geo-coordinates.
Fault or Alarm management encompasses the detection, isolation, and correction of abnormal network operations. NetMan offers protocol-agnostic fault management, and the ability to perform corrective actions automatically or manually. NetMan supports condition-based alarm forwarding over email/SMS and alarm escalation for unattended alarms.
- Fault detection – Detect faults from SNMP traps, TL1 autonomous messages, syslog messages or with periodic status polling.
- Fault isolation – Isolate the root cause using inbuilt fault event correlation and de-duplication engine.
- Fault tracking – Manage faults using simple inbuilt trouble ticketing interface or with external integration to more advanced ticketing software.
- Corrective action – Perform closed loop automation with automatic alarm-triggered configuration or perform manual actions to resolve the fault.
Performance management tools are used to monitor performance characteristics of devices and help to identify impending performance issues that can cause problems for the network users.
- Data collection – Benefit from our scalable data collection from network elements, optimized for each protocol. Data collection is a key part of an Element Management System. The efficiency of the data collection engine typically determines the scalability of the Element Management System.
- Trending - Review trends in network performance over a longer period of time with our efficient aggregated data management.
- Reporting – View performance reports with flexible and personalisable dashboard, and have the system email periodic automatic reports to configured users.
Configuration management is a key function of an Element/Network Management System. An Element/Network Management System with a good, friendly, and easy-to-use configuration management engine can help increase the sales of the network element. NetMan supports a variety of protocol-agnostic configuration management features.
- Configuration template – Maintain a configuration template with placeholder variables and publish the configuration to multiple devices on one go.
- Discovery-triggered configuration – Automate initial configuration push to devices with discovery-triggered configuration.
- Alarm-triggered configuration – Execute a template (or script) upon receiving an alarm condition to help in faster debugging and resolution of issue.
- Firmware upgrades – Perform scheduled and topology aware firmware upgrade on the network with reduced downtime.
- Configuration editor – Edit device configuration directly using YANG schema-based UI. This feature enables integration of new devices cost effectively.
- Configuration profiles – Manage configuration of multiple devices using a single configuration profile.
- Configuration audit – Identify configuration discrepancies using configuration audit feature.
- Configuration backup/restore – Perform configuration backup and restore, use the delta view to compare historical/current configuration of multiple devices.
Security management encompasses the control and monitoring of access to the network and the associated network management information. NetMan’s security framework adheres to the highly secure JAAS (Java Authentication and Authorization Service) standard. NetMan supports local authentication and remote authentication with services such as RADIUS and TACACS+.
- Each user shall perform only the authorized actions with fine-grained Role-based access control
- Perform remote authentication with RADIUS, TACACS+ and Active Directory
- Actions performed by users are logged and can be audited.
- Users can be organized into multiple domains, by means of which multiple tenants can co-exist in a single deployment instance.
- Users can backup/restore NetMan database to recover from a failure.
NetMan comes with built-in tools for recovering the Element Management System from disasters. NetMan can be configured to periodically backup its data and configuration on a remote ftp-server. The NetMan-based Element Management System and its data will be restored to its last known configuration after a disaster occurs. Such features have allowed our customers to pass several security audits conducted by service providers.
NetMan supports redundant deployment architecture to ensure high availability (HA) of the service.
- Standalone – Only one node is deployed and doesn’t support HA.
- Active/Standby – Only one node is active at a time.
- Load balancing – Multiple nodes are active at a time and load is distributed between nodes.
- Disaster recovery – Maintain an active and a standby site. Standby site shall take over incase active site fails.
- Cloud deployment – Avoid the costs of maintaining the deployment on premise using our cloud hosted service.
Some of the devices managed by NetMan
Data Center Fabric Switches, 5G/LTE core & RAN, IPTV network
Deep packet inspection gateways, Optical switches
DPI devices, interceptors, IDS, Network probes, Traffic analyzer
Mesh, point-to-point, WiMAX, WAN, NAN, FAN networks